- What is New England Music Festival?
- Who can participate?
- What are the competition rules?
- What are the costs of participating?
- When is the registration cutoff date?
- Where can I find a list of ATAM music schools or studios?
- What are some of the benefits of participating in the event?
- Where can I get more information about the festival?
What is New England Music Festival?The New England Music Festival is an annual musical competition sponsored by the Accordion Teachers Association of Massachusetts, Inc, (ATAM). The festival averages more than 3000 entries and 800 contestants per year from all across New England. Starting this year, the ATAM NE Music Festival will be opening a category for adults. Click here for adult category rules, information, and entry form.
Who can participate?
What are the competition rules?
- The following provides an overview of competition rules. Contact an ATAM school, studio, or teacher for additional information.
- Contestant cut off age is 22 as of April 1, current year. Adult category contestants must be over the age of 22.
- All music must be memorized except snare solos, all duets and groups. If you are using music for a duet, please bring your own stand.
- Time limits apply to music chosen by the students and teachers. See your teacher for guidelines.
- Students must submit a clean copy of music to the judges in categories that apply. See your teacher for details.
What are the costs of participating?Fees are subject to change each year, so please contact the participating ATAM studio or teacher.
When is the registration cutoff date?Each school has its own date to allow for timely registration and preparation. Please contact your teacher for cutoff dates.
Where can I find a list of ATAM music schools or studios?Please visit the ATAM Teachers page.
What are some of the benefits of participating in the event?The ATAM offers a $500 and a $250 scholarship opportunity to graduating high school seniors who are participating in the festival and are going to major in music. Please see Helpful Links for current year scholarship form.
Where can I get more information about the festival?While these frequently asked questions attempt to provide as much information as possible about the event, your best source for information is an ATAM music school or studio.